Burning Out

 



I would like to engage on what I am going through and this is something that I am currently struggling with. This is a big contributor to my tiredness and counter productiveness.  As a young person who is passionate about change and working hard I have a problem of saying yes to every exciting new project, forgetting that I actually have work to do but I always tell myself that I will balance. There is a problem with wanting to be part of every vehicle that is moving in the name of change and business opportunities. I tend to find myself in the cross fire as I am needed to be in many places at once. I would make an example of what happened this weekend. I happen to be part of a board of directors of a certain organisation and we had to meet and perform certain tasks but I had clients I had to attend, this then made me to be 3 hours late for the meeting with the board, imagine an entire director late by 3 hours? This made me incompetent and there was no way I could not attend my business.  Now again having to attend the meeting would have made me incompetent because I would have to be absent from my business. This has been a tricky weekend. This is something that I am currently struggling with and I feel that I need to re-evaluate everything I do because this has been a prevalent trend lately. I was thinking about my slow progress in my business and I realized that it is because of these other projects that I tend to engage in, yes I make time for all of them but I am giving 20% in everything which makes things mediocre. I am burned out because of the 20%s I give out. What is happening reminds me of how one is not running a business but is the business, if absent then business is closed. This issue affects everything one does.  Introspection is needed because we tend to take long in everything because of other things we are busy with, they are not bad things but they take our time away from focusing on the main thing, actually you even forget which one is the main. We need to learn to have one project at time then start another after completion. Right now I need to devise a plan on how to excuse myself from other projects. This can happen any one and can go on for a very long period of time, but again we always need to keep our eyes out for this trend.

Innovate and Add Value

Comments

Popular Posts